Victory for bus users as no 37 route replacement agreed
🚍 Victory for Brentwood Bus Users 🙌
Thanks to campaigning by the Brentwood Liberal Democrats, we're thrilled to announce that Service 60 will launch on Monday, 1st September—replacing the soon-to-be-withdrawn No 37 bus previously run by First Essex.
This new hourly service will run Monday to Saturday between Warley, Eagle Way, Brentwood Station, the High Street, and Pilgrims Hatch (Bishop's Hall Estate)—ensuring our community stays connected.
🗓️ The existing Sunday service funded by Essex County Council will continue unchanged.
Councillor Vicky Davies, together with County Councillor Barry Aspinell, led the campaign to ensure changes did not affect residents, while Councillor David Kendall worked with the Brentwood Bus and Rail Users Association to ensure services were maintained.
ECC Passenger Transport Department had said it would not step in and save the service. The loss of the No. 37 service would have had a devastating impact on those who rely heavily on it. For many people, the bus is used regularly to access work, school, college, hospital and medical appointments.
She said: “The bus service is an absolute lifeline, especially for the retired and young residents.”
We stood up for Brentwood residents, and we’re proud to see real results. 💛
#BrentwoodLibDems #BusVictory #Service60 #CommunityWins #BrentwoodTransport
